By John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key components in ecological, scientific and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from a number of the world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is decided in context through that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology during the last a hundred years
Read or Download A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Similar zoology books
Rather a lot needs to be stuffed into present day biology classes that easy details on animal teams and their evolutionary origins is frequently skipped over. this can be rather actual for the invertebrates. the second one variation of Janet Moore's An creation to the Invertebrates fills this hole via supplying a brief up to date advisor to the invertebrate phyla, taking a look at their assorted types, capabilities and evolutionary relationships.
Venture Puffin is the inspiringstory of the way a loved seabird was once restored to long-abandoned nesting colonies off the Maine coast. As a tender ornithology teacher on the Hog Island Audubon Camp, Dr. Stephen W. Kress discovered that puffins had nested on close by islands until eventually extirpated through hunters within the overdue 1800s.
The Neural keep watch over of habit includes many of the fabric offered and mentioned on the first interdisciplinary convention at the neural regulate of habit, held on the division of Psychobiology of the college of California, Irvine in June 1968. The compendium offers papers ready via scientists from numerous disciplines, which touched upon the first matters of psychobiology.
A natural world professional explores what technology tells us approximately animals as designated contributors and why animal character issues for the human-animal bond and for edition in nature. Why are a few cats cuddly and others standoffish? Why are a few canines adventuresome, others homebodies? As any puppy proprietor can attest, we consider that the animals we’ve shaped bonds with are detailed, as specific (and ordinary) as any human good friend or family member.
- Die Ammoniten des süddeutschen Doggers: Ein Bestimmungsbuch für Fossiliensammler und Geologen (German Edition)
- Molecular Approaches to Ecology
- Hormones and Breast Cancer (Vitamins and Hormones)
- Tropical Fish Otoliths: Information for Assessment, Management and Ecology: 11 (Reviews: Methods and Technologies in Fish Biology and Fisheries)
- Networking for Nerds: Find, Access and Land Hidden Game-Changing Career Opportunities Everywhere
Additional resources for A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014
A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 by John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch