By Janice Boddy,Michael Lambek
- Presents a suite of unique, ethnographically-informed essays exploring the wide range of ideals, practices, and spiritual reviews within the modern world
- Explores a huge diversity of issues together with the ‘perspectivism’ debate, the increase of non secular nationalism, reflections on faith and new media, faith and politics, and concepts of self and gender with regards to non secular belief
- Includes examples drawn from diversified non secular traditions and from numerous areas of the world
- Features newly-commissioned articles reflecting the main up to date examine and demanding pondering within the box, written through a global workforce of prime scholars
- Adds immeasurably to our knowing of the advanced relationships among faith, tradition, society, and the person in today’s world
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar religious studies books
Der Band versammelt die wichtigsten Texte, die zur Begründung der neueren deutschsprachigen Kultursoziologie als eigenständiger Richtung der Soziologie nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg führten.
In 1967, the 1st I Ching publication, The publication of alterations, used to be released in English. The booklet of alterations specific the sixty four hexagrams from the chinese language I Ching in nice element, giving the Western international robust insights into the archetype of humanityIn 1987, a brand new technological know-how of non-public discovery, Human layout, was once conceived : Human layout.
Jainism inspires photographs of clergymen donning face-masks to guard bugs and mico-organisms from being inhaled. Or of Jains sweeping the floor in entrance of them to make sure that residing creatures usually are not inadvertently beaten: a tradition of non-violence so radical as to defy effortless comprehension. but for all its obvious exoticism, Jainism remains to be little understood within the West.
For Catholics, the query of evolution touches on all of the most crucial subject matters: the character of God and his paintings on this planet, the character of lifestyles, and the prestige of guy within the universe. it's also a subject matter of perennial controversy and confusion. a few see the Darwinian thought of evolution as a tremendous agent in discrediting the Church’s doctrine on production, undermining biblically-based morality and the idea that of human exceptionalism.
- Arguing for Atheism: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion
- A Companion to Greek Religion (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Moral Combat: How Sex Divided American Christians and Fractured American Politics
- How Jesus Became Christian: The Early Christians And The Transformation Of A Jewish Teacher Into The Son Of God
Extra resources for A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Janice Boddy,Michael Lambek