By Andy Dailey,Sarah Webb
A new version for Paper 2, international background subject eleven: reasons and results of twentieth century wars
The popular IB degree background sequence, combining compelling narratives with educational rigor.
An authoritative and interesting narrative, with the widest number of assets at this point, assisting scholars to boost their wisdom and analytical abilities. This moment version of entry to background for the IB degree: Causes, practices and results of wars provides:
- trustworthy, transparent and in-depth narrative from subject specialists
- research of the historiography surrounding key debates
- devoted examination perform with version solutions and perform questions
- TOK help and historic research inquiries to support with all elements of the Diploma
Read or Download Access to History for the IB Diploma: Causes and effects of 20th-century wars Second Edition PDF
Similar war & peace books
Butler sheds gentle on how American political leaders promote the choice to interfere with army strength to the general public and how a simply battle body is hired in US overseas coverage. He presents 3 post-Cold War examples of overseas coverage crises: the Persian Gulf battle (1990-91), Kosovo (1999), and Afghanistan (2001).
This quantity goals to supply a close clarification of the consequences of cooperation and coordination on overseas multiparty mediation in conflicts. modern scholarship stresses that the an important materials for a winning multiparty mediation are ‘consistency in pursuits’ and ‘cooperation and coordination’ among mediators.
Have we reached an finish to the period of peaceable 3rd get together intervention in clash administration and backbone? within the Nineties, with the finishing of the chilly struggle, the intervention of 3rd events as a non-violent technique of negotiating settlements of intra-state conflicts received prominence however the emphasis within the twenty-first century has been more and more on army responses.
People are reliable at making war—and less winning at making peace. Genocide, torture, slavery, and different crimes opposed to humanity are gross violations of human rights which are often perpetrated and legitimized within the identify of nationalism, militarism, and fiscal improvement. This publication tackles the query of ways to make peace via taking a severe examine the first political mechanism used to "repair" the numerous accidents suffered in struggle.
- Augustine and Social Justice (Augustine in Conversation: Tradition and Innovation)
- Die Kunst der Niederlage: Eine Geschichte der Kapitulation (Beck'sche Reihe) (German Edition)
- Negotiating for Peace in the Middle East (Routledge Revivals): Volume 7
- Cultural Awareness in the Military: Developments and Implications for Future Humanitarian Cooperation
Additional resources for Access to History for the IB Diploma: Causes and effects of 20th-century wars Second Edition
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Causes and effects of 20th-century wars Second Edition by Andy Dailey,Sarah Webb