By Donald Conkey
Covenant country presents these believers with the how and why the United States used to be and is that distinctive country raised up by way of God, through males endowed for that very purpose.
George Washington declared, in 1796, “Of the entire tendencies and behavior which result in political prosperity, faith and morality are quintessential aid. …” those phrases triggered the writer to think of the function the Bible performed within the construction of the United States announcement of
Independence and Constitution.
His findings resulted in this publication, a publication that might encourage the ‘believers’ simply because it:
1. studies these old occasions best as much as America’s production in
2. indicates what biblical verses stimulated the production of the
United States of America;
3. defines real governmental freedom;
4. indicates how ‘believing’ american citizens, utilizing an ageless biblical formulation, can get entangled in restoring the US to its biblically principled roots. Covenant kingdom proclaims America’s destiny continues to be shiny yet that it really is within the arms of these american citizens who nonetheless think the United States is a ‘Special country’ – and of their palms alone.
Read Online or Download America's Role as a Covenant Nation PDF
Best religious studies books
Der Band versammelt die wichtigsten Texte, die zur Begründung der neueren deutschsprachigen Kultursoziologie als eigenständiger Richtung der Soziologie nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg führten.
In 1967, the 1st I Ching ebook, The e-book of alterations, was once released in English. The ebook of adjustments precise the sixty four hexagrams from the chinese language I Ching in nice aspect, giving the Western international robust insights into the archetype of humanityIn 1987, a brand new technology of private discovery, Human layout, used to be conceived : Human layout.
Jainism inspires photographs of clergymen donning face-masks to guard bugs and mico-organisms from being inhaled. Or of Jains sweeping the floor in entrance of them to make sure that dwelling creatures will not be inadvertently overwhelmed: a convention of non-violence so radical as to defy effortless comprehension. but for all its obvious exoticism, Jainism remains to be little understood within the West.
For Catholics, the query of evolution touches on the entire most vital issues: the character of God and his paintings on this planet, the character of lifestyles, and the prestige of guy within the universe. it's also a subject matter of perennial controversy and confusion. a few see the Darwinian thought of evolution as an important agent in discrediting the Church’s doctrine on construction, undermining biblically-based morality and the idea that of human exceptionalism.
- God and Power: Counter-Apocalyptic Journeys: Counter Apocalyptic Journeys
- Follow Me to Zion
- Living with Religious Diversity
- Pagan Family Values: Childhood and the Religious Imagination in Contemporary American Paganism (New and Alternative Religions)
Additional resources for America's Role as a Covenant Nation
America's Role as a Covenant Nation by Donald Conkey