By William G. Moseley,Eric Perramond,Holly M. Hapke,Paul Laris
This introductory point textual content explores a number of theoretical methods to human-environment geography, demonstrating how neighborhood dynamics and international approaches effect how we have interaction with our environments.
- Introduces scholars to primary techniques in environmental geography and science
- Explores the middle theoretical traditions in the box, besides significant thematic matters similar to inhabitants, nutrients and agriculture, and water resources
- Offers an enticing and exact view of the spatial relationships among people and their surroundings throughout geographical destinations round the world
- Includes quite a few real-world coverage questions and emphasizes geography’s robust culture of box paintings by way of that includes famous nature-society geographers in visitor box notes
Read or Download An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes PDF
Best human geography books
Civilians and armed forces team of workers should not have a transparent view of one another within the usa this present day. Conspiring opposed to such figuring out are the norms and traditions of the 2 cultures. at the one hand, the army is taken into account to love its secrecy and reflect on itself as morally more advantageous to the civilians it's intended to serve.
As environmental historical past has built as growing to be sub-discipline in the learn of heritage, nice emphasis has been put on the significance of adopting an interdisciplinary strategy. certainly, as Environmental background in East Asia indicates, through drawing on learn and methodologies from the fields of technological know-how, expertise, geography, geology and ecology, we will advance a far richer figuring out of a region’s heritage.
Dramatic shifts in our communique panorama have made it the most important for language instructing to head past print literacy and surround the electronic literacies that are more and more significant to freshmen' own, social, academic lives. by way of situating those electronic literacies inside of a transparent theoretical framework, this ebook offers educators and scholars alike with not only the history for a deeper figuring out of those key 21st-century abilities, but additionally the reason for integrating those abilities into lecture room perform.
The fast industrialization of societies has ended in radical adjustments to the Earth’s biosphere and its neighborhood ecosystems. weather scientists have recorded and forecasted caring worldwide temperature rises going again to the early 20th century, whereas biologists and palaeontologists have prompt that the subsequent mass extinction is on its means if the present price of species loss keeps.
- Global Overshoot: Contemplating the World's Converging Problems
- The Spatial Dimension of Risk: How Geography Shapes the Emergence of Riskscapes (Earthscan Risk in Society)
- Reconstructing Quaternary Environments
- Entanglements of Power: Geographies of Domination/Resistance (Critical Geographies)
- Aus allen WeltteilenDie Arktis (Geographische Anthologie des 19. Jahrhunderts) (German Edition)
Extra info for An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes
An Introduction to Human-Environment Geography: Local Dynamics and Global Processes by William G. Moseley,Eric Perramond,Holly M. Hapke,Paul Laris