By Fritz Graf
Fritz Graf right here provides a survey of a god as soon as considered the main robust of gods, and able to nice wrath should still he be crossed: Apollo the sunlight god.
From his first attestations in Homer, during the advanced query of pre-Homeric Apollo, to the competition among Apollo and Dionysos in 19th and twentieth-century considering, Graf examines Greek faith and delusion to supply a whole account of Apollo within the historic world.
For scholars of Greek faith and tradition, of delusion and legend, and within the fields of artwork and literature, Apollo will offer an informative and enlightening creation to this strong determine from the past.
Read or Download Apollo (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 2,0, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Veranstaltung: Proseminar Antike, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: 1. used to be versteht guy unter Tetrarchie? Bis zum Jahr 234 n. Chr. wurden die Kaiser vom Senat eingesetzt.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The Roman legions have been the ambitious, hugely organised and welldisciplined spine of the Roman military, important to conserving order and keep watch over of the borders of the Empire and its subjugated peoples. The fortresses that have been the bases of the legions mirrored their values: practical, hierarchical and an intimidating show of Roman tradition.
- Die Religionspolitik des Kaisers Decius: Geplante Christenverfolgung oder Eskalation eines Opferbefehls? (German Edition)
- Ancient Worlds: The Search for the Origins of Western Civilization
- Dr. Grant and the Mountain Nestorians
- Mark and its Subalterns: A Hermeneutical Paradigm for a Postcolonial Context (BibleWorld)
- The Epic Distilled: Studies in the Composition of the Aeneid
- Declamation, Paternity, and Roman Identity: Authority and the Rhetorical Self
Additional info for Apollo (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World)
Apollo (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World) by Fritz Graf