By Jordan Hudgens
- Provides the center abilities required to turn into a Ruby programmer
- Covers tips on how to use the most well-liked Ruby Gem libraries
- Includes information on commonplace expressions
Ruby is a strong, general-purpose programming language that may be utilized to any job. even if you're an skilled developer who desires to examine a brand new language otherwise you are new to programming, this e-book is your finished Ruby coding advisor. beginning with the foundational rules, resembling syntax, and scaling as much as complicated issues resembling vast info research, this booklet provides you with all the instruments try to be a certified Ruby developer. a number of the key issues are: object-oriented programming, integrated Ruby equipment, center programming talents, and an creation to the Ruby on Rails and Sinatra net frameworks. additionally, you will construct 10 useful Ruby programs.
Created through an skilled Ruby developer, this booklet has been written to make sure it makes a speciality of the talents it is important to be a certified Ruby developer. once you have learn this e-book, you'll be able to commence construction real-world Ruby projects.
What you are going to learn
- Learn tips on how to use Ruby code successfully, selecting the correct software for the activity and never duplicating integrated functionality
- Gain most sensible software program improvement practices, and the way to spot and connect universal errors
- Absorb center programming talents, akin to variables, strings, loops, conditionals, and lots more and plenty more
- Explore object-oriented programming and discover ways to create modular, reusable code that you should use throughout projects
- Build 10 sensible Ruby courses as you're employed in the course of the publication on themes comparable to significant info research and fixing Euler equations
About the Author
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and founding father of DevCamp, the place he leads guide and curriculum improvement for the entire DevCamp and Bottega code colleges round the US.
As a developer during the last decade, Jordan has traveled the realm construction purposes and coaching members on a large choice of themes, together with Ruby improvement, great information research, and software program engineering.
Jordan specializes in project-driven schooling instead of theory-based improvement. This variety of instructing is conducive to studying tips to construct real-world items that adhere to most sensible practices.
Additionally, Jordan has released a number of books on programming and computing device technological know-how besides constructing education curriculum for Learn.co, DevCamp, and AppDev at the subject matters, particularly Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API improvement, and algorithms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Ruby Programming Language
- Ruby variables
- Ruby Strings
- Working with Numbers in Ruby
- Ruby Methods
- Ruby Iterators and Loops
- Ruby Collections
- Ruby Conditionals
- Object-oriented Programming in Ruby
- Working with the dossier process in Ruby
- Error dealing with in Ruby
- Regular Expressions in Ruby
- Searching with grep in Ruby
- Ruby Gems
- Ruby Metaprogramming
- Ruby internet Frameworks
- Working with APIs in Ruby
- Ruby Algorithms
- Machine Learning
Read or Download Comprehensive Ruby Programming PDF
Best object oriented design books
"[The authors] are pioneers. . . . Few in our have their breadth of information and event. " —From the Foreword by way of Dave Thomas, Bedarra Labs Domain-Specific Modeling (DSM) is the most recent method of software program improvement, promising to tremendously bring up the rate and simplicity of software program production.
The conservation of dermis, leather-based and similar fabrics is a space that, earlier, has had little illustration via the written notice in e-book shape. Marion Kite and Roy Thomson, of the leather-based Conservation Centre, have ready a textual content that's either authoritative and finished, together with contributions from the prime experts of their fields, similar to Betty Haines, Mary Lou Florian, Ester Cameron and Jim Spriggs.
Designed as a beginner's educational to the most recent model of visible easy, this informative advisor discusses crucial beneficial properties of the language and teaches find out how to use the . web Framework. Written with readability and clarity in brain, it introduces very important programming thoughts and explains the method of establishing real-world purposes, either computing device and web-based.
Write effective, fresh, and reusable code with ScalaAbout This BookUnleash the ability of Scala and follow it within the genuine worldIncrease your potency by way of leveraging the facility of Creational, Structural, Behavioural, and sensible layout patternsBuild item orientated and sensible functions quick and effectivelyWho This booklet Is ForIf you need to raise your figuring out of Scala and use it on real-life software improvement, then this publication is for you.
- Polished Game Development: From First Steps to Final Release
- Intro to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version, Global Edition
- Object-oriented Programming with Smalltalk
Extra info for Comprehensive Ruby Programming
Comprehensive Ruby Programming by Jordan Hudgens