By Richard C. Simpson
Incorporating Compass computing device entry review software program, Computer entry for individuals with Disabilities: A Human elements Approach offers the data clinicians want to know with the intention to supply powerful substitute desktop entry recommendations to people with disabilities. initially constructed for a masters-level path on desktop entry for rehabilitation engineers and rehabilitation counselors, it presents functional tips on the right way to supply desktop entry providers and adequate historical past wisdom to permit the reader to interpret the examine literature.
- Presents know-how for people with actual, cognitive, and sensory impairments, and for older adults
- Covers textual content access units, pointing units, change entry, automated speech popularity, and internet accessibility
- Emphasizes basic recommendations and ideas that stay precise despite which particular working process or product is being used
- Draws on study from the fields of rehabilitation engineering, occupational treatment, and human-computer interplay (HCI)
Read or Download Computer Access for People with Disabilities: A Human Factors Approach (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series) PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
This ebook chronicles the improvement of digital literacies throughout the tales of people with various backgrounds and abilities. Authors Cynthia L. Selfe and Gail E. Hawisher hire those tales to start tracing technological literacy because it has emerged during the last few many years in the usa.
Utilizing case stories, interviews, and empirical resources, this ebook analyzes the techniques and impression of net use through civil society actors and asks how precious it's for his or her paintings – does the supply of web instruments switch the best way voters’ teams paintings, does it impact their effectiveness, and does it achieve this in a different way in Japan from different international locations?
During this short, the authors speak about lately explored spectral (sub-segmental and pitch synchronous) and prosodic (global and native positive factors at observe and syllable degrees in numerous components of the utterance) positive aspects for discerning feelings in a powerful demeanour. The authors additionally delve into the complementary evidences got from excitation resource, vocal tract procedure and prosodic good points for the aim of improving emotion reputation functionality.
The four-volume set LNCS 9296-9299 constitutes the refereed court cases of the fifteenth IFIP TC13 overseas convention on Human-Computer interplay, engage 2015, held in Bamberg, Germany, in September 2015. The seventy four complete and brief papers and four organizational overviews, 2 panels, 6 tutorials, and eleven workshops integrated within the fourth quantity are prepared in topical sections on tangible and tactile interplay; instruments for layout; contact and haptic; person and job modelling; visualization; visualization 3D; visualization in digital areas; wearable computing; demonstrations; and interactive posters.
- Toward Brain-Computer Interaction in Paralysis: A New Approach Based on Visual Evoked Potentials and Depth-of-Field (Human–Computer Interaction Series)
- Real-time Speech and Music Classification by Large Audio Feature Space Extraction (Springer Theses)
- Neural Correlates of Quality Perception for Complex Speech Signals (T-Labs Series in Telecommunication Services)
- Technology and Engagement: Making Technology Work for First Generation College Students
- Human-Computer Interaction – INTERACT 2015: 15th IFIP TC 13 International Conference, Bamberg, Germany, September 14-18, 2015, Proceedings, Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra info for Computer Access for People with Disabilities: A Human Factors Approach (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series)
Computer Access for People with Disabilities: A Human Factors Approach (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series) by Richard C. Simpson