By Maxime H. A. Larivé
Read or Download Debating European Security and Defense Policy: Understanding the Complexity (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Butler sheds gentle on how American political leaders promote the choice to intrude with army strength to the general public and how a simply conflict body is hired in US overseas coverage. He presents 3 post-Cold War examples of international coverage crises: the Persian Gulf struggle (1990-91), Kosovo (1999), and Afghanistan (2001).
This quantity goals to supply a close rationalization of the results of cooperation and coordination on foreign multiparty mediation in conflicts. modern scholarship stresses that the an important materials for a winning multiparty mediation are ‘consistency in pursuits’ and ‘cooperation and coordination’ among mediators.
Have we reached an finish to the period of peaceable 3rd celebration intervention in clash administration and backbone? within the Nineteen Nineties, with the finishing of the chilly battle, the intervention of 3rd events as a non-violent technique of negotiating settlements of intra-state conflicts won prominence however the emphasis within the twenty-first century has been more and more on army responses.
People are sturdy at making war—and less profitable at making peace. Genocide, torture, slavery, and different crimes opposed to humanity are gross violations of human rights which are usually perpetrated and legitimized within the identify of nationalism, militarism, and monetary improvement. This ebook tackles the query of the way to make peace by means of taking a serious examine the first political mechanism used to "repair" the various accidents suffered in struggle.
- Taking Wrongs Seriously: Acknowledgment, Reconciliation, And the Politics of Sustainable Peace
- Elections and the Media in Post-Conflict Africa: Votes and Voices for Peace?
- Daisaku Ikeda and Dialogue for Peace
- Apology and Reconciliation in International Relations: The Importance of Being Sorry (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- US-China Rivalry and Taiwan's Mainland Policy: Security, Nationalism, and the 1992 Consensus
- Emotions, Decision-Making and Mass Atrocities: Through the Lens of the Macro-Micro Integrated Theoretical Model
Extra resources for Debating European Security and Defense Policy: Understanding the Complexity (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series)
Debating European Security and Defense Policy: Understanding the Complexity (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series) by Maxime H. A. Larivé